I'm Pippa, the watercolor artist and calligrapher behind Painted By Pippa. We're a Chicago based home studio specializing in fine art wedding stationery and custom art pieces that are not only beautiful but meaningful.
I founded Painted By Pippa as a side hustle while working as a product developer and designer in the fashion industry. Watercolor painting was a way for me to escape the stresses of work and fully embrace my creative side! After getting engaged I slowly realized how much I love love and wedding stationery! I took my business full time and transitioned Painted By Pippa from a fine art print shop to a fine art wedding stationery business and the rest is history!
I feel so grateful to be able to work with so many wonderful couples throughout the country and find so much joy in bringing their wedding vision to life on paper.
BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES FUN FACTS
1. I am dog obsessed. I've never owned one and I spend an unhealthy amount of time trying to figure out if our downtown Chicago apartment is big enough for a Bernese Mountain Dog. Because they're gorgeous and fluffy and I feel like theres one out there just waiting to become my best friend
2. I went to college in New York and lived in NYC for 4 years - we relocated to Chicago but I will forever consider myself a New Yorker. While deep dish is amazing I'm a true believer that a NY slice can solve all problems.
3. I LOVE corny romantic comedies. Honestly - the worse the movie the better. Those ones on Netflix no one ever watches? YEP LOVE THEM. Chances are I've never seen an oscar winning film but I'm 100% the person you want on your team when theres a rom-com trivia question.
4. I grew up on the great lakes and I moved to Chicago because the smell of Lake Michigan in the summer reminded me of childhood. You can find me laying by the water almost all summer long.
5. Alpacas are my absolute favorite animal. 2 years ago my husband took me to the children's petting zoo for my birthday so that I could feed the Alpacas and it was the best birthday I've had yet. They're goofy and always look so happy and that just makes me so happy